Dawna Stone is an author, entrepreneur, motivational speaker, and health, fitness and wellness expert. Through her new book, The Healthy You Diet: The 14-Day Plan for Weight Loss with 100 Delicious Recipes for Clean Eating, as well as frequent local and national television, radio and speaking appearances, Dawna serves as a role model and inspiration to men and women everywhere.
As founder of Women’s Running magazine and the Women’s Half Marathon series, Dawna has helped thousands lead healthier lives. She has also served as a celebrity spokesperson for the American Heart Association’s “Go Red for Women” campaign and contributed health and wellness articles to numerous newspapers and magazines.
In 2005, Dawna appeared on and won NBC’s “The Apprentice: Martha Stewart”. She spent the following year working closely with Martha Stewart developing a variety of projects for Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia including Body+Soul magazine (now Whole Living).
Dawna has appeared regularly on television series like “The Today Show” and “MARTHA”, channels like MSNBC and morning news programs on all four of the big networks— NBC, CBS, ABC and Fox. She also hosted her own show on Sirius Satellite Radio called “Health and Fitness Talk with Dawna Stone” as well as a regular television segment on Fox called “Healthy Living with Dawna Stone.”
Dawna launched the award-winning national magazine, Women’s Running, in 2004 and the Women’s Half Marathon series in 2009. She sold both companies to the industry leader in 2012. Previous to launching the magazine, Dawna’s professional experience included:
- Chief Marketing Officer for a $700-million publicly traded company, directing the marketing activities for more than 68 locations nationwide.
- Senior Vice President of the Active Sports Network, initially a 200-person dot-com company that is thriving today with more than 2,500 employees
- President and General Manager of PR*Nutrition, a $20-million sports nutrition company
- Strategy Consultant for Deloitte Consulting where she advised senior level executives at Fortune 500 companies
- Financial Analyst for Wall Street investment bank, Morgan Stanley
Dawna earned her B.S. from the University of California, Berkeley, and her MBA from the Anderson School at the University of California, Los Angeles. She is an avid runner and Ironman triathlete. She lives in St. Petersburg, FL with her husband, five-year-old daughter, four-year-old son and dog.