It's no secret that breakfast is a favorite meal of mine. When I have time to sit down and create a substantial meal full of flavor, I'm a happy camper.
These breakfast tacos are easy, fast, and so tasty! Make a couple extras, wrap in foil and save for the next day. Then all you have to do is pull it out of the refrigerator and reheat in the oven.
Trying to eat better. Jump start a clean eating program with a simple and easy-to-follow 5 Day Detox. Compete with meal plans, recipes, shopping lists and more!
- 6large eggs
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1tablespoon diced onion
- 1/4 jalapeñodiced
- 1cup baby spinachwashed and stems removed
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4cup fresh corn
- 1/4cup queso frescocrumbled
- hot sauceto taste (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs.
- If you have a gas stove, lightly cook/char each tortilla by placing it directly on the stove grates. Use metal tongs to turn the tortilla to char both side. Repeat for all 4 tortillas. If you do not have a gas stove, place each tortilla one at a time in a pan over medium high heat. Flip the tortilla often so it doesn’t burn. Remove when tortilla begins to show light brown spots. Reserve tortillas.
- Coat a medium skillet with olive oil and heat over medium heat. Cook the onion for 1 to 2 minutes or until translucent. Add the jalapeno and spinach and cook for 1 minute or until spinach is wilted. Pour the eggs over the vegetables. Add salt and pepper to mixture. Cook eggs for 3 to 4 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove from heat.
- Top the four tortillas with the reserved egg mixture. Add corn, queso fresco and dash with hot sauce (optional).