When cooler temperatures hit, I find myself craving a bowl of hot soup for lunch or dinner. This healthy Navy Bean and Corn soup is one of my favorites. The addition of brown rice pasta not only makes the soup hearty and delicious, but also entirely wheat-free. Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth, and it’s also 100% vegan. If you’re looking for a meal that will warm you up and satisfy your craving for something rich and savory—then I encourage you to give this healthy recipe a try!
P.S. If you're interested in getting healthy and/or losing a few pounds, join me for a quick and simple 5-Day Detox
- 2tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1cup yellow onionfinely chopped
- 2/3cup carrotsfinely chopped
- 1 clove garlicminced
- 4cups vegetable (or chicken) broth
- 2/3cup tomatoseeded and diced
- 2/3cup fresh corn
- 1cup cooked navy beans
- 1cup brown rice pasta
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 4-5 chiveschopped
- In a large pot heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add onions, carrots and garlic and sauté over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until onions are translucent and carrots are tender.
- Add 4 cups broth, tomatoes and corn and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add navy beans and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Use a soup ladle to remove two cups of soup and transfer to a blender. Blend on medium speed until smooth. Reserve blended soup.
- Add pasta to pot with remaining soup, bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. Add reserved blended soup to the pot and simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes or until pasta is al dente (take care not to over cook the pasta). Add salt and pepper. Divide into 4 bowl, garnish with chives and serve.