I love tacos and tostadas of any kind. These “Healthy You!” Black Bean Tostadas are a staple in my diet. I love how easy they are to make and how healthy and satisfying they are any night of the week.
What you’ll need: corn tortillas, black beans, hot sauce, water, tomatoes, avocado, onions, jalapeno, salt, lime juice, and onions. Detailed recipe below.
The salsa makes the tostadas! Combine tomatoes, avocado, onions, jalapenos, salt and lime juice in a small bowl and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place tortillas on a baking sheet or directly on the oven rack and bake for 3-5 minutes on each side of until tortilla is crispy and starts to
Combine hot sauce, water and black beans in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Heat bean mixture in a saucepan on low-medium heat or in a microwave safe bowl for 1-2 minutes.
Top tortillas with black bean mixture, lettuce and salsa and enjoy!
Please let me know what you think of this “Healthy You!”-approved recipe by commenting below.
- 1/2cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 avocadopeeled and chopped
- 1tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1tablespoon minced jalapeno chile pepper(optional; wear plastic gloves when handling)
- 1/8teaspoon sea salt
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 2cans (15 ounces each) black beansrinsed and drained
- 1/4cup hot sauceminced (optional)
- 2tablespoons water
- 8 corn tortillas(6" diameter)
- 1cup shredded lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the salsa: In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, avocado, onion, pepper (if desired), salt, and lime juice.
- To make the beans: In a blender or food processor, combine the beans, hot sauce, and water. Blend or process until smooth. Pour the bean mixture into a saucepan and heat over low heat. Arrange the tortillas on a baking sheet or place them directly on the oven rack and bake for 6 to 10 minutes, turning once, or until they become crispy and start to brown.
- Top each tortilla with some of the warmed black beans, salsa, and lettuce before serving.