- 6large eggs
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1tablespoon diced onion
- 1/4 jalapeñodiced
- 1cup baby spinachwashed and stems removed
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4cup fresh corn
- 1/4cup queso frescocrumbled
- hot sauceto taste (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs.
- If you have a gas stove, lightly cook/char each tortilla by placing it directly on the stove grates. Use metal tongs to turn the tortilla to char both side. Repeat for all 4 tortillas. If you do not have a gas stove, place each tortilla one at a time in a pan over medium high heat. Flip the tortilla often so it doesn’t burn. Remove when tortilla begins to show light brown spots. Reserve tortillas.
- Coat a medium skillet with olive oil and heat over medium heat. Cook the onion for 1 to 2 minutes or until translucent. Add the jalapeno and spinach and cook for 1 minute or until spinach is wilted. Pour the eggs over the vegetables. Add salt and pepper to mixture. Cook eggs for 3 to 4 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove from heat.
- Top the four tortillas with the reserved egg mixture. Add corn, queso fresco and dash with hot sauce (optional).