- 1pint cherry tomatoeshalved
- 1/4 red onionthinly sliced
- 2tablespoons extra virgin olive oildivided
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 8 wheat-free baguette slices(1/2" thick or 4 slices wheat-free bread)
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, 1 tablespoon of the oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss well. Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet. Brush the slices with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, or just until toasted on 1 side. Watch carefully, as the bread can burn quickly.
- Divide the tomato mixture among the toasts and serve.