- 2cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 2large eggs
- 1cup mashed ripe bananas(approximately 2-3 bananas)
- 1/4cup honey
- 1/4cup almond milk
- 3tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2cup dried cherries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the bottom and short ends of an 8” x 4” loaf pan with parchment paper or lightly coat with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the mashed bananas, honey, almond milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and stir gently to combine. Fold in all but 10 to 12 cherries.
- Pour the batter into the pan and scatter the remaining cherries over the top of the loaf.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean and the top is golden brown.
- Set the pan on a rack for 10 minutes to cool. Remove the loaf from the pan and cool completely on the rack before slicing.
(Make sure to mash the bananas before you combine them with the other wet ingredients. I’ve made the mistake of just tossing in the bananas before and although it works, it can get a little messy.)