- 115-0z can of chickpeasrinsed and drained (use organic, low sodium if possible)
- 1/2 red bell pepperfinely chopped or julienned
- 1 cucumberfinely chopped
- 3 scallionsfinely chopped
- 1clove garlicminced
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 3tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4cup mint leaves
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- In medium bowl, whisk together garlic, olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper for dressing. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chickpeas, bell pepper, cucumber, scallion and mint. Add dressing and toss to coat.
- For added flavor, refrigerate for 30 minutes prior to serving. Enjoy!