- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halvespounded to an even thickness
- 1tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1teaspoon fresh thyme leavesor 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon minced garlic
- 1head broccoli
- 4cups mixed greens
- 8-12 grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumberdiced
- 2tablespoons dressing of your choice(see below for dressing options)
- Herb Chicken: Preheat a grill pan over medium heat. Meanwhile, in a resealable plastic bag, combine the chicken, oil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt and garlic. Shake the sealed bag to coat the chicken. Transfer the chicken to the grill pan and cook, turning once, for 6 to 8 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the center registers 165 degrees and the juices run clear. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and let it stand for 3 minutes to reabsorb the juices before slicing and serving. Note: If you don't have access to a grill, place chicken in a glass dish and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 15-20 minutes, turning once, or until no trace of pink remains.
- Steamed Broccoli: Rinse broccoli, cut off stalk, and break into bite-size pieces. Bring 1-inch water and salt to boil in saucepan with steamer. Add broccoli, and cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 4-6 minutes or until broccoli is bright green and tender. Note: If you don't have a steamer, steam vegetables directly in water.
- Green Salad: Combine mixed greens, tomatoes, and cucumbers, and divide onto 4 plates. Drizzle with dressing of your choice (see below for dressing options).