- 1teaspoon honey
- 2tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce or tamari
- 2 salmon filletsskin removed (1/2 pound total)
- 1teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3cups baby spinach
- 1/2 fennel bulbthinly sliced (optional)
- segments from 1/2 orange
- segments from 1/2 grapefruit
- 1/4cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1tablespoon sliced almonds
- 4-6 kalamata olives(optional)
- 4tablespoons citrus vinaigrette dressing(see below)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the honey and soy sauce or tamari. Add the salmon and shake gently to coat. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Lightly coat a broiler pan with extra-virgin olive oil. Remove the salmon from the bag and discard the marinade. Broil for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the fish is opaque.
- In a medium bowl, combine the spinach, fennel (if desired), orange and grapefruit segments, onion, almonds and olives (if desired). Divide the salad between 2 plates and top each with a piece of fish. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of vinaigrette over the fish and salad before serving.