- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 cloves garlicminced
- 3tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1pound flank steak
- 5ounces arugula
- 1/4cup White Balsamic Vinaigrette(see below for dressing recipe)
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, garlic, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Add the steak and shake gently to coat. Put the sealed bag in a shallow dish and refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Lift the steak from the bag and let any excess marinade drip off. Discard the marinade. Grill the steak for 5 to 7 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until a thermometer inserted in the center registers 145 degrees F. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes to reabsorb its juices. Thinly slice the steak across the grain.
- In a medium bowl, toss the arugula with the vinaigrette. Divide the salad among 4 plates, top with the sliced steak, and serve.