- 16 ozcan navy beansrinsed (organic, low sodium if possible)
- 1bunch (approx. 12-16) aparagustips only
- 6 grape tomatoeshalved
- 3 scallionschopped
- 1/4cup Italian parsleychopped or torn, stems removed
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4cup white balsamic
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- In a medium saucepan with steamer basket, bring one inch water to a boil. Add asparagus, cover and steam for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Do not overcook. Let cool after steaming.
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, asparagus tips, tomatoes, scallions and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic, Dijon, salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture and gently toss.