- 1 1/2cups water
- 1/2cup gluten-free steel-cut oats
- 1/2cup mixed berries
- 1/2cup unsweetened almond milk
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the water to a boil.
- Add the oats, cover, and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 20 minutes. The length of time needed to cook the oats depends on the type of oats and how chewy you like them. Steel-cut oats take longer than rolled oats.
- Remove the covered pan from the heat and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Serve the hot oatmeal topped with the berries and milk.