- 2 zucchinibatonnet
- 2 carrotsbatonnet
- 2 tomatoesbatonnet
- 2 red peppersbatonnet
- 2 onionsbatonnet
- 2 potatoesbattonet
- chicken brothorganic, low-sodium preferred
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepperto taste
- Pre heat the oven to 425 F.
- Batonnet the zucchini, carrots, tomatoes, red peppers, onions, and potatoes.
- Place the vegetables in a single layer on a roasting pan and lightly drizzle the olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Roast the vegetables for 25-30 minutes.
- Place the roasted vegetables in medium to large pot.
- Add enough chicken broth to cover by 1 inch. Bring to boil. Cover and lower to simmer. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Puree soup with immersion blender or food processor. Alternatively, allow the soup to cool and puree in a blender.
- Adjust seasoning and serve hot. Garnish with basil.