- 2 1/2cups water
- 3/4cup uncooked wild rice
- 1teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breastscut into 1"-wide strips
- sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlicminced
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1tablespoon agavé nectar or honey
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the water to a boil. Stir in the rice, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer gently for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the kernels puff open. Fluff the rice with a fork and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain any excess liquid from the pan and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic, and rosemary. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, turning the chicken once, or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
- Add the agave or honey, mustard, and reserved rice to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes to coat the chicken and rice thoroughly.