- 3cups water
- 3/4cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/2cup baby lima beans or edamame
- 1cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocadopitted, peeled, and chopped
- 1 red bell pepperchopped
- 1/2cup chopped red onion
- 1/4cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4tablespoons extra virgin olive oildivided
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove garlicchopped
- sea salt
- 1pound sea scallops
- Ground black pepper
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Simmer the corn and lima beans or edamame for 3 minutes, or until tender. Drain. When cool, transfer to a large bowl and add the tomatoes, avocado, bell pepper, onion, and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of the oil, the lemon juice, garlic, and 1⁄4 teaspoon of salt. Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables and toss well. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed. Set aside.
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels and then season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil until shimmering. Place the scallops at least 1" apart in the skillet and cook undisturbed for 2 minutes, or until the bottom edges are golden and they release easily. Gently turn the scallops and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until opaque on the inside and golden brown on the outside.
- Divide the succotash among 4 serving plates and top with the scallops. Sprinkle with the chives before serving.