- 1teaspoon honey
- 1teaspoon corn starch
- 2tablespoons tamarigluten-free
- 2tablespoons vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup quinoarinsed and drained
- 1 1/2cup water
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1pound medium shrimppeeled and deveined
- 2 green onionschopped
- 1clove garlicminced
- 1/2 head cabbagechopped or shredded
- 2/3cup shredded carrots
- 2cups snow peas
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- To make the sauce: In a small bowl, combine honey, cornstarch, tamari, and vegetable stock and mix well. Set aside.
- To make the quinoa: In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the quinoa and water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed. Set aside, covered, to steam for 5 minutes. Fluff the quinoa with a fork and transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
- To make the stir-fry: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil and swirl the pan to coat. Cook shrimp for 1 minute on each side (shrimp will not be completely done). Remove shrimp and set aside. Add onions and garlic to the pan stirring consistently for 1 to 2 minutes. Add cabbage, carrots, and snow peas, and pour on reserved sauce mixture and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes. Add ginger and shrimp and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp is done.
- Fluff the reserved quinoa with a fork and divide it among 4 plates. Spoon the stir-fry mixture over the quinoa and serve.