- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1tablspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1clove garlicminced
- 1 medium tomatochopped
- 1tablespoon fresh basilminced
- 1/4cup pine nuts
- 1/4cup grated Parmesan cheese(optional)
- sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°.
- Pierce the squash in several places with a fork. Microwave whole squash on high for 10 minutes.
- Place whole squash on glass baking sheet and roast for 1 hour or until tender.
- Let cool for 5 – 10 minutes, cut in half lengthwise and scrape the insides with a fork to remove the long strands of flesh. Transfer to a bowl.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and sauté for 1 minute. Turn off heat and add spaghetti squash, basil, oregano and salt. Gently combine ingredients.
- Divide between two bowls and top with pine nuts and cheese and salt and pepper to taste.