- 1can (15 ounces) white beans (such as cannellini)rinsed and drained
- 1can (15 ounces) chickpeasrinsed and drained
- 1can (15 ounces) kidney beansrinsed and drained
- 1large tomatochopped
- 2ribs celeryfinely chopped
- 1/2 red onionfinely chopped
- 2tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley or cilantro
- 1/3cup balsamic vinegar
- 2tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1clove garlicminced (optional)
- 1/4teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 8-12 romaine lettuce leavesor 1 head Belgian endive
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomato, celery, onion, and parsley or cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, garlic (if desired), salt and pepper. Add the dressing to the beans and toss lightly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with the romaine or endive leaves for scooping.