- 1cup quinoa
- 12 cherry tomatoessliced in half
- 1/2 red bell pepperthin slices or julienned
- 4-6 scallionsrinsed and chopped (tips removed)
- 4cups spinachwashed and stems removed
- 1/2pound extra firm tofucut into bite-size pieces
- 1 lemon
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Fill a steamer pan or pot with an inch of water. Place tofu in steamer basket and steam for ten minutes, or until tofu is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the juice of one fresh lemon, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a medium to large bowl, combine hot quinoa and tofu with tomatoes, bell pepper and scallions. Pour in 3/4 of the dressing mixture and stir lightly.
- Scoop over spinach or other mixed green. Drizzle remaining dressing over spinach leaves and enjoy!