- 2tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlicminced
- 1 yellow onionchopped
- 2 ribs celerychopped
- 1large (or 3 small) carrotspeeled and chopped
- sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 yellow pepperchopped
- 1 jalapeñodiced (optional)
- 1/2 Anaheim pepperdiced
- 1can diced green chilies
- 4cups chicken broth
- 2cans northern beans
- 1cup chopped kale
- 1 rotisserie chickenboned, skinned and coarsely chopped
- 2 corn tortillas
- In a Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, onion, celery, and carrots. Sauté for approximately 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Add salt and pepper.
- Add the yellow pepper, jalapeño, Anaheim pepper, and green chilies and cook an additional 3-5 minutes. Add the broth, beans and kale. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Add chicken and simmer an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is warmed through.
- While the stew is simmering, preheat the oven to 400°F. Arrange the tortillas on a baking sheet. Bake for 2-4 minutes, or until crisp
- Ladle the stew into bowls and top with crumbled tortilla chips.