Are you wondering how tacos can be considered part of a healthy diet? It’s possible. Remember, it’s about making smart and thoughtful choices. This recipe is incredibly tasty and part of the 14-Day Healthy You Diet meal plan. Enjoy!
- 1tablespoon chili powder
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1teaspoon sea salt
- 1teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1/4teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4teaspoon paprika1/4
- 1/4teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes(optional)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halvespounded to an even thickness
- 2tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4cup lime juice
- 1cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 scallionsthinly sliced
- 1 avocadopitted, peeled, and chopped
- 8 soft corn tortillas(6
- hot sauce(optional)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- To make the taco seasoning: In a small bowl, whisk together the chili powder, cumin, sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika, and red-pepper flakes (if using) until combined. You can also put all of the ingredients in a jar, cover it, and shake it until they are combined. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- To make the tacos: In a resealable plastic bag, combine the chicken and taco seasoning. Shake the sealed bag to coat the chicken with the seasoning.
- In a baking dish large enough to hold the chicken in a single layer, pour the lime juice. Arrange the chicken in the dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the center registers 165ºF and the juices run clear.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before slicing into bite-size pieces. Divide the lettuce, tomatoes, scallions, avocado, and chicken among the tortillas. Serve with hot sauce on the side, if desired.