It’s all about smart substitutions. Even a meal that is normally considered unhealthy can be made healthy with adjustments. These crab cakes are unbelievably tasty and “Healthy You” approved to boot!
- 1pound lump crabpicked over
- 2large egg whites
- 2 shallotsfinely chopped
- 1/4cup finely chopped green or red bell pepper
- 1/4cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1teaspoon crab-boil seasoning
- 1teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2tablespoons oat flour
- 1tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- lemon wedges
- 1pound fresh green beanscut into 2-inch segments
- Crab Cakes: In a medium bowl, combine the crab, egg whites, bell pepper, almond milk, mustard, parsley, crab-boil seasoning, and white pepper until mixed. Divide into 8 small cakes. In a shallow dish, put the oat flour. Lightly coat each crab cake on both sides with the oat flour. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil and swirl to coat the pan. Cook the crab cakes for 8 to 12 minutes, turning once, or until golden. Serve with lemon wedges. Spray large non-stick skillet with olive oil spray. Cook crab cakes on medium heat until golden, turning once (approximately 4-6 minutes on each side).
- Green Beans: Clean and cut off ends of green beans. Place in stovetop steamer with boiling water. Steam approximately 4-5 minutes, or until tender. Sprinkle with salt.