Red meat can be part of a healthy diet as long as you select lean cuts and keep the serving size to 4oz or less. Flank steak is a great way to alleviate your craving for red meat. Adding a a great marinade and garnishing with mixed greens makes this meal a must-try!
Note: On the program, you will eliminate red meat toward the end of week one and throughout the entire second week. After the two weeks end, should you decide to incorporate red meat back into your diet, choose cuts with the least amount of fat (sirloin, tenderloin or T-bone) and keep the serving size to three to four ounces for women and four to six ounces for men. I suggest eating red meat no more frequently than once a week.
- 3/4cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon Ground black pepper
- In a jar with a lid, mix together the vinegar, oil, and mustard. Add the salt and pepper, cover with the lid, and shake well before serving.
- Refrigerate any leftover dressing for 3 to 5 days. Shake well before serving.