This ginger chicken stir-fry recipe with brown rice is a perfect combination of fresh vegetables and protein and provides everything you need for a truly healthy and satisfying meal—not to mention it’s delicious! Want to make it vegan? Just sub tofu for the chicken.
P.S. Looking to jump start your healthy eating? Join me for a quick and simple 5-Day-Detox.
- 3/4cup brown rice
- 1 1/2cup water
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 2tablespoons sesame oil
- 1pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2tablespoons tamari
- 1cup chicken broth
- 2/3cup shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepperseeded and sliced
- 2cups snow peas
- 2cups broccoli
- 4cups baby spinachstems removed
- 2teaspoons minced ginger
- In a medium pot with steamer tray, steam broccoli just until tender and set aside.
- To make brown rice: In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the brown rice, water and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 45 minutes, or until the water is absorbed. Set aside, covered, to steam for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- To make the stir-fry: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil and swirl the pan to coat. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes or until onions start to become translucent. Add chicken and tamari and cook for 4 to 6 minutes. Add carrots, peppers, snow peas and chicken broth. Cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Add broccoli, spinach and ginger and cook until spinach is wilted approximately 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Fluff the reserved rice with a fork and divide among 4 bowls. Spoon the stir-fry mixture over the rice and serve.