Salmon is an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids as well as packed with vitamin A, B and D. Need more reasons to choose salmon for dinner tonight? Studies show that salmon can help you live a longer and healthier life. Do your health a favor and try this flavorful ginger and soy salmon. Here’s to your health!
- 4 salmon filetsskin removed
- 1teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2tablespoon honey(may substitute agave nectar)
- 2tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce(gluten free / wheat free)
- 1teaspoon fresh gingerminced
- 1 scallionminced
- 1tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 head broccoli
- extra virgin olive oil spray
- 3/4cup brown rice
- 1pinch salt
- Combine soy sauce, scallions, honey, ginger and rice vinegar, and stir gently. Place salmon and 1/2 of marinade in sealable plastic bag. Coat salmon thoroughly and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Cover broiler pan with foil and spray with olive oil. Transfer salmon to baking pan, and discard marinade. Broil 6-10 minutes, or until cooked through. Transfer to plate, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and drizzle with reserved sauce.
- Steamed Broccoli: Rinse broccoli, cut off stalk, and break into bite-size pieces. Bring 1 inch water and salt to boil in saucepan with steamer. Add broccoli and cover. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 4-6 minutes or until broccoli is bright green and tender.
- Brown Rice: Cook rice according to package directions.