In this delicious recipe, Brussels sprouts are thinly sliced and used like cabbage in coleslaw. The shredding blade of a food processor makes quick work of the carrots, but you can also use the large holes on a box grater.
- 2cups skinned, shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3/4pound Brussels sproutstrimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 carrotsshredded
- 2 scallionsthinly sliced
- 1large Granny Smith or Fuji applecored, and cut into matchsticks
- 1/3cup pomegranate seeds or juice-sweetened dried cherries
- 1/2cup Maple-Hazelnut Vinaigrette(see below for dressing recipe)
- In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, Brussels sprouts, carrots, scallions, and apple.
- Divide the salad among 4 serving plates and sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds or cherries. Spoon on the dressing.
- 1/4cup hazelnuts
- 3tablespoons hazelnut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 clove garlicchopped
- 1/4teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- In a blender or food processor, combine the hazelnuts, oil, vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, lemon peel, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend or process just until coarse.