Having a mid-afternoon snack doesn't have to jeopardize your well-intentioned weight loss plan. As featured in The Healthy You Diet, this hummus and vegetable snack can satisfy you until dinner and help ensure you don't sit down to dinner ravenous.
- 1 clove garliccrushed
- 2tablespoons tahini
- 2tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4teaspoon sea salt
- 1can (15 ounces) chickpeasrinsed and drained
- 1-2tablespoons water(optional)
- carrot and celery sticks, sliced bell peppers, sliced cucumbers, romaine lettuce leaves, and other vegetables of your choosing
Servings: (approximately 1 1/2 cups)
- In a food processor, combine the garlic, tahini, lime juice, oil, and salt. Process for 30 seconds. Scrape the mixture from the sides of the food processor. Add half of the chickpeas and process for 1 minute. Scrape the mixture from the sides and add the remaining chickpeas. If you prefer a thinner consistency, add the water as needed and blend well. Transfer the hummus to a bowl and serve with fresh vegetables. Cover and refrigerate any leftover hummus for up to 3 days.