Simple, yet classic – what more could you need? Made with brown rice pasta, this flavorful penne and pesto is a perfectly healthy meal.
- 8oz brown rice penne pasta
- 2cups basil
- 1/4cup pine nuts
- 1clove garlic
- 1/4cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon Ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a food processor, pulse pine nuts until finely ground.
- Add basil, garlic, salt and pepper, and pulse until finely chopped.
- Slowly pour in olive oil as your pulse.
- Transfer pesto to a bowl and toss with penne.