Wheat-free, gluten-free, high in protein and low in calories (in other words, incredibly healthy), quinoa is often called a ‘SUPER food'. Combined with just the right ingredients, you have yourself a SUPER (“Healthy You” approved) recipe. Another benefit? This delicious meal is made in almost no time. Enjoy and please tell me what you think by commenting below!
- 1cup uncooked quinoa
- 2cups water
- 2tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1cup fresh, frozen or canned corn(thawed if using frozen)
- 1 avocadopitted, peeled, and chopped
- 8-10 cherry tomatoeshalved
- 1can (15 ounces) black beansrinsed and drained
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the quinoa and water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed. Set aside, covered, to steam for 5 minutes. Fluff the quinoa with a fork and transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until chilled.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Add the corn, avocado, tomatoes, and black beans to the quinoa and stir to combine. Add the lime dressing and stir gently. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.