One of my favorite things about a simple spinach salad is that you can easily add a variety of your favorite healthy options to create a good-for-you and filling meal. Like the crunch of walnuts or pine nuts in your salad? Add them! Want something cool and refreshing? Top off with your favorite fresh fruit.
This salad recipe is based on one of my favorite menu items at Bella Brava restaurant in St. Petersburg. With a few simple and minor tweaks, I have made this meal Healthy You!-approved (no sugar, wheat, dairy) and is now a staple in my lunch rotation. Try it for yourself and include your own favorite healthy additions.
- 3cups baby spinach
- 1cup arugula
- 1 hard boiled eggpeeled and sliced
- 1/2 avocadocubed
- 1/4cup roasted walnuts
- 2tablespoons sun-dried cranberries
- 4tablespoons HY! White Balsamic Vinaigrette(see recipe below)
- Combine baby spinach and arugula. Add hard boiled egg, avocado, roasted walnuts and sun-dried cranberries.
- Top it off with HY! White Balsamic Vinaigrette (see recipe below).
- 3/4cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon Ground black pepper
- In a jar with a lid, mix together the vinegar, oil, and mustard. Add the salt and pepper, cover with the lid, and shake well before serving.
- Refrigerate any leftover dressing for 3 to 5 days. Shake well before serving.