I am a firm believer that it is very important to set aside time every morning to sit down and eat a healthy breakfast. A nutritious morning meal will get your day started right and will recharge the brain and body allowing you to be more productive and efficient. As featured in The Healthy You Diet, this Spinach, Tomato, and Basil Frittata recipe is both delicious and nutritious. Try it for yourself and let me know what you think!
What are your morning breakfast habits? Do you make time for a morning meal? Do you have a favorite go-to breakfast recipe? I would love to know what you are eating in the morning and if it helps you throughout the day.
- 6large eggs
- 2large egg whites
- 4ounces fresh baby spinach leavesstems removed
- 2 tomatoeschopped
- 1/2cup finely chopped onion
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1/2teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and egg whites. Fold in the spinach, tomatoes, and onion. Stir in the basil, salt, and pepper.
- Coat a large ovenproof, nonstick skillet with the oil and heat the skillet over medium heat. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook for 1 minute, or until the eggs start to set. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the top is golden and puffy.
- Remove the frittata from the oven and let it stand for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges. Serve wedges with 1/2 cup fresh fruit.