When you want something with a hint of sweetness in the morning, try one of these
wheat-free muffins. Make a batch, wrap them well, and freeze them, so you can pull one
out as needed.
If you're trying to eat healthy or you want to lose a few pounds, join me for the Healthy You Challenge!
TOTAL TIME: 45 MINUTES
- 13⁄4 cups almond flour
- 3⁄4 cup flax meal
- 2⁄3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisins
- 11⁄2 cups shredded sweet potato
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place paper liners in a 12-cup muffin pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, flax meal, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin
pie spice, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the raisins.
In a medium bowl, stir together the sweet potato, eggs, oil, and orange juice. Add to the flour
mixture, stirring well to combine. Do not over-mix.
Divide the batter evenly among the paper liners, filling them about three-quarters full. Sprinkle
the pumpkin seeds on the tops of the muffins. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a wooden pick
inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in the pan set on a rack for 5 minutes.
Remove the muffins from the pan and let them cool completely on the rack.
Makes 12 muffins