Here is another recipe from The Healthy You Diet that is simple to make and great tasting! It is even better the next day after refrigerating. If you are looking for a healthy, delicious and convenient recipe for lunch or dinner, this Three-Bean Salad hits everything on the check list. Let me know what you think!
- 1can (15 ounces) white beans (such as cannellini)rinsed and drained
- 1can (15 ounces) chickpeasrinsed and drained
- 1can (15 ounces) kidney beansrinsed and drained
- 1large tomatochopped
- 2ribs celeryfinely chopped
- 1/2 red onionfinely chopped
- 2tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley or cilantro
- 1/3cup balsamic vinegar
- 2tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1clove garlicminced (optional)
- 1/4teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 8-12 romaine lettuce leavesor 1 head Belgian endive
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomato, celery, onion, and parsley or cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, garlic (if desired), salt and pepper. Add the dressing to the beans and toss lightly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with the romaine or endive leaves for scooping.