Looking for a simple way to add vegetables to your breakfast? The classic omelet is just asking for a veggie addition! Pair it with fresh fruit and you have yourself a nutritious and filling meal.
- 2whole eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1small tomatochopped
- 2tablespoons yellow onionchopped
- 2tablespoons green pepperseeded and chopped
- 8-10 spinach leavesstems removed
- saltto taste
- extra virgin olive oil spray
- 2 strawberriessliced
- 4small pineapple chunks
- 4small cantaloupe chunks(or other melon)
- Whisk eggs in small bowl, and set aside.
- Coat small, non-stick skillet with olive oil spray, and place over medium heat.
- Add tomato, onion, salt and green pepper, and sauté for 4-5 minutes, or until tender. Transfer vegetables to bowl, and wipe down skillet.
- Coat skillet with olive oil spray, and place over medium-high heat.
- Use spatula to gently fold one half of eggs over the other. Cook for additional minute.
- As center of omelet begins to set, add vegetables and spinach to one half of eggs.
- Combine fruit on plate with omelet, and serve.