Another fantastic vegetarian option, this recipe hits the spot and will leave you full and satisfied. Make it with corn tortillas, and you’ve got yourself a healthy meal!
- 1/2cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 avocadopeeled and chopped
- 1tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1tablespoon minced jalapeno chile pepper(optional; wear plastic gloves when handling)
- 1/8teaspoon sea salt
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 2cans (15 ounces each) black beansrinsed and drained
- 1/4cup hot sauceminced (optional)
- 2tablespoons water
- 8 corn tortillas(6" diameter)
- 1cup shredded lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the salsa: In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, avocado, onion, pepper (if desired), salt, and lime juice.
- To make the beans: In a blender or food processor, combine the beans, hot sauce, and water. Blend or process until smooth. Pour the bean mixture into a saucepan and heat over low heat. Arrange the tortillas on a baking sheet or place them directly on the oven rack and bake for 6 to 10 minutes, turning once, or until they become crispy and start to brown.
- Top each tortilla with some of the warmed black beans, salsa, and lettuce before serving.