Are you growing tired of your typical morning meal? Add some variety by incorporating oatmeal. Oatmeal is ideal if you are trying to lose or maintain weight. Just remember, it is easy to consume more than the recommended serving size. Pay close attention to the recipe and/or label to make sure you are keeping to a single serving. Also, add a touch of fresh fruit or milk for that little bit of balanced sweetness.
- 1 1/2cups water
- 1/2cup gluten-free steel-cut oats
- 1/2cup mixed berries
- 1/2cup unsweetened almond milk
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the water to a boil.
- Add the oats, cover, and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 20 minutes. The length of time needed to cook the oats depends on the type of oats and how chewy you like them. Steel-cut oats take longer than rolled oats.
- Remove the covered pan from the heat and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Serve the hot oatmeal topped with the berries and milk.