I LOVE pasta and I was not about to give it up when I eliminated wheat from my diet. Instead, I use brown rice pasta for all my pasta dishes. This pasta primavera is one of my favorites and it is super healthy! I used brown rice fettuccine this time but I often use angel hair—both are great.
The ingredients are simple. All you’ll need is brown rice pasta (any shape you crave), broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash, garlic, tomato, fresh basil (optional), salt, black pepper and olive oil spray.
In a large pot, bring water to boil and cook pasta according to package directions. In a large saucepan with steamer basket bring one inch water to boil and add broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini and yellow squash and steam until tender. Set aside.
Coat a large skillet with extra virgin olive oil spray and heat on medium. Add tomatoes and garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add steamed vegetables, salt and pepper, and cook for an additional minute. Top angel hair with vegetable mixture.
Super simple! I hope you enjoy and please let me know if you try this recipe.
- 8ounces brown rice pasta(fettuccine or angel hair)
- 1cup broccoli florets
- 1/2cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2cup sliced zucchini
- 1/2cup sliced yellow squash
- 1/2teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1large tomatochopped
- 1 clove garlicminced (optional)
- sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan with steamer basket, bring 1" of water to a boil. Steam the broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini, and yellow squash in the basket for 5 minutes, or until tender. (The time depends on the individual vegetables. The mushrooms will be tender before the squash, for instance.) Transfer to a colander to drain. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Cook the tomato and garlic (if desired), stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Add the steamed vegetables, season with salt and pepper to taste and cook for 1 minute. Place the pasta in a serving bowl and top with the vegetable mixture.