I find stir-fry to be an easy way to get a load of nutritious vegetables all in one meal. The great thing about making stir-fry at home is that you can make an often unhealthy dish (loaded with oil) a healthy one.
What you’ll need: Chicken breast, brown rice, olive oil spray, garlic, onion, broccoli, snow peas, baby carrots, bean sprouts, baby spinach, soy sauce, chicken broth and salt.
Pre-heat your wok on medium heat, coat with olive oil spray, and combine onion, garlic and soy sauce.
Cook 1 minute, then add chicken and chicken broth, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add carrots, broccoli, snap peas and half of the water and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
Add bean sprouts, spinach and remaining water, and simmer for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through.
Cook rice according to package directions. Serve stir-fry over rice and enjoy!
- 1cup uncooked brown rice
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce or tamari
- 1teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halvessliced into 1/4
- 1tablespoon minced garlic
- 2teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2cups broccoli florets
- 1cup snap or snow peas
- 1/2cup chopped carrots
- 2cups baby spinach
- 1cup bean sprouts
- 3 scallionschopped
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the broth and soy sauce or tamari. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil and swirl the pan to coat. Cook the chicken, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until it browns and is partially cooked. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring constantly, for 15 seconds. Add the broccoli, peas, and carrots and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Add the spinach, sprouts, scallions, and reserved broth mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the spinach wilts and the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and divide among 4 plates. Spoon the chicken mixture over the rice and serve.