Roasting vegetables is so satisfying. It's super easy to do and it changes the taste, texture, and look of the veggie to create a completely new version.
Sometimes I roast veggies without knowing what I'm going to do with them. In this case, I had a craving for cauliflower and bought a good looking bunch at the local market. After roasting them for 25 to 30 minutes, I scoured the refrigerator and pantry to see what else I had on hand. I ended up with this delightful spinach salad with carrots, dates, and pine nuts and a simple, homemade dressing.
So satisfying and so healthy.
P.S. If you want to jump start your healthy eating or lose a few pounds, check out my quick and simple 5-Day Detox!
- 1head cauliflowercut into bite-size pieces
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2tsp sea salt
- 2cups spinachstems removed
- 1 carrotchopped
- 2 datespitted and chopped
- 1tbsp pine nuts
- 1/4cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2tsp sea salt
- 1/4tsp pepper
- For the roasted cauliflower: Preheat the oven to 425°F. In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, olive oil, and sea salt. Mix until cauliflower is coated. Line the baking pan with parchment paper and spread cauliflower pieces evenly across the pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned and tender.
- In two bowls, divide the spinach, carrots, dates and pine nuts evenly. Top with roasted cauliflower.
- In a jar with a lid, mix together the olive oil and vinegar. Add the salt and pepper, cover with the lid and shake well before serving.