If you are following the 14-day Healthy You program, this is the final meal of the plan– and what a way to end! Enjoy every bite of this amazing recipe!
- 2 1/2cups water
- 3/4cup uncooked brown basmati rice
- 4 snapper or halibut fillets(1 1/2 pounds total)
- sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 24 thin asparagus spearstrimmed
- 1 lemonthinly sliced
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh dill or flat-leaf parsleyor 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the water to a boil. Stir in the rice, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer gently for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the kernels puff open. Fluff the rice with a fork and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain any excess liquid from the pan and set aside. Fold paper heart in half, and tightly fold over edge to form seal. Transfer to baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve in parchment.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Cut 4 sheets of parchment paper, each approximately 18" × 12". Fold the parchment in half the long way. Using scissors, cut a large heart out of each piece of paper, beginning the cut on the fold.
- Season both sides of the fish lightly with salt and pepper. Place 1 fillet on one half of a parchment heart, leaving at least a 1" border. Drizzle with one-quarter of the oil and top with 6 asparagus spears and a few lemon slices. Sprinkle with one-quarter of the dill or parsley. Fold the other side of the heart over the fish and twist the edges together to make a seal. Fold the bottom edge under the packet to keep it from opening during cooking. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer the packets to 2 baking sheets and bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Using oven mitts or tongs, transfer the packets to 4 plates. Be sure everyone is at the table to open their packet with scissors. Take care because the steam is hot. Serve with the rice.