Hold the feta and potato salad and the oh-so-loved Greek salad becomes ‘Healthy You!-approved’. Add grilled chicken for additional protein and you’ve got yourself a hearty meal.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breastsorganic or hormone-free preferred
- 4cups romaine lettucetorn into bite-size pieces
- 1 tomatosliced
- 8-10 kalamata olives
- 1/2 cucumberseeded and chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepperseeded and chopped
- 1/4cup red onionfinely chopped
- 4tablespoons Healthy You! Greek dressing(see below for dressing recipe)
- Ground black pepperto taste
- saltto taste
- Prepare grill, or preheat broiler. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Grill or broil chicken for 15-20 minutes, turning once, or until no trace of pink remains. Cut chicken into strips.
- Combine lettuce, tomato, olives, cucumber, green bell pepper and red onion in large bowl. Toss with Healthy You! Greek dressing. Top with chicken, and serve.
- 1/2cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons+2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves(or 4 teaspoons dried oregano)
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon Ground black pepper
- In a jar with a lid, mix together the oil, vinegar, and lemon juice. Add the oregano, salt, and pepper. Cover with the lid and shake well before serving.
- Refrigerate any leftover dressing for 3 to 5 days. Shake well before serving.