Sometimes the hardest part of preparing a lunch or dinner meal is figuring out what you’re in the mood for. When in doubt, my go-to is a quinoa bowl full of my favorite foods. In this case, I put together chickpeas, kidney beans, carrots, and celery. A simple combination that satisfies my craving for a healthy, filling lunch that keeps me happy all afternoon.
To top it off, I put together an easy dressing with ingredients I had on hand. I love balsamic vinegar and with a dash of salt, pepper and oregano, I was able to add just the right amount of flavor.
P.S. Looking to jump start your healthy eating? Join me for a quick and simple 5-Day-Detox.
- 1/2cup quinoa
- 1/2cup chickpeasrinsed and drained
- 1/2cup red kidney beansrinsed and drained
- 1 carrotsliced thin
- 2 celery stalkssliced thin
- 1teaspoon sea salt
- 2tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Add the chickpeas, beans, carrots, celery, and sea salt to the quinoa and toss to mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt, black pepper, and oregano. Pour the dressing over the quinoa mixture and toss well to combine. The salad can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.