This mushroom risotto calls for a little time and care, but is well worth the TLC!
- 1cup Arborio rice or other risotto rice
- 1cup mushrooms of your choice(crimini, shitaki, etc.)
- 4cups chicken or vegetable broth(organic and reduced sodium preferred)
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2cloves garlic
- 3/4cup shallotschopped
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- In saucepan, warm broth on low heat.
- Heat olive oil in medium-large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, shallots and garlic, and cook until shallots are translucent (approximately 2-3 minutes). Add rice and salt to the mushroom mixture, and stir to coat.
- Stir 1/2 cup hot broth into rice mixture, and cook on medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
- When broth is almost completely absorbed, add another 1/2 cup hot broth, and continue to stir.
- Repeat until all broth has been absorbed in 1/2 cup increments.
- Expect 30 to 45 minutes of total cooking time.