Vegetarian option? Check. Healthy You!-approved? Check. This tofu and vegetable quinoa over spinach is healthy and hearty. With all the protein in this recipe, you will not miss the meat!
Chickpea Salad (with Lemon and Mint)
The ingredients and flavors in this salad are perfect! On it's own or as a side, this Healthy You recipe will fill you up and leave you smiling!
It's no secret that avocados are a favorite food of mine; and guacamole is one of my favorite snacks (especially with flax chips)! This recipe is fresh and delightful – you will love it!
For more a more chunky guacamole, cut the avocados with a knife, then mash and mix with a spoon.
- 2 avocado(hass) halved, seeded and peeled
- 2tablespoons fresh salsa(of your choice)
- 1/4 medium red oniondiced
- 1tablespoon cilantrochopped
- 1 1/2teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2teaspoon cumin
- 1/2teaspoon garlic
- 1teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon chili powder
- Place the scooped avocado in a large bowl.
- Add salsa, onion, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, garlic, sea salt and chili powder.
- Mash the mixture with a spoon or potato masher.
- Serve with corn tortilla chips or flax chips.
- To enjoy the guacamole cool, refrigerate for 1 hour prior to serving.
Mixed Fruit Parfait
Does your yogurt need a little something extra? Skip the high calorie granola and opt for mixed fruit. This combination of kiwi and berries will provide you with just the right amount of natural sugar to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Raisin and Walnut Quinoa
This warm raisin and walnut quinoa recipe is fresh, flavorful and versatile. Eat it as a side dish, with your favorite fish or over mixed greens.
If you find other great pairings with this recipe, please share with me below!