Traditional scrambled eggs are calling for the addition of veggies. Add spinach, tomatoes and onion to the mix and the meal becomes more than ordinary.
- 2large eggs
- pinch sea salt
- pinch Ground black pepper
- 1teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4cup chopped onion
- 1/2cup baby spinach
- 1/2cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2cups water
- 1/2cup gluten-free steel-cut oats
- Eggs: In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, and pepper and set aside. Coat a small nonstick skillet with the oil and heat over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until translucent. Add the spinach and tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted. Pour the reserved eggs over the vegetables. Gently stir and cook the eggs and vegetables for 1 to 3 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Oatmeal: In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the water to a boil. Add the oats, cover, and reduce the heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 20 minutes. The length of time needed to cook the oats depends on the type of oats and how chewy you like them. Steel-cut oats take longer than rolled oats. Remove the covered pan from the heat and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.