I love fish – it's a delicious and a perfectly healthy meal for the entire family. With a busy schedule and two energetic kids, my philosophy with recipes has become ‘less is more'. This Citrus Cod recipe has minimal ingredients, is incredibly easy to make, and can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. This meal is delightfully fresh and leaves you incredibly satisfied!
- 1pound cod fillet(or other white fish)
- 2cups green beansfresh
- 1 orange
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon cracked black pepper
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat broiler.
- Set aside half the orange for garnish.
- Whisk together 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In a large, resealable plastic bag, combine cod filets with orange juice mixture. Refrigerate 10-15 minutes.
- Coat a broiler pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- Remove filets from plastic bag (discard bag) and place on broiler pan. Broil for 7 - 12 minutes (depending on thickness) or until fish cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Green Beans: Place two inches of water and green beans in a saucepan with steamer tray. Bring water to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Steam beans until tender making sure not to overcook them.
- Garnish fish with a slice of orange and serve with green beans.