Have you been looking for a juice with the perfect mixture of fruits and vegetables? Search no more. This Radiant Red Juice offers an ideal combination that also tastes great!
Did you know that simply cutting out 100 calories a day could help you lose 10 pounds in a year? Unfortunately, the opposite is true too: Eat just 100 more calories a day than you burn and that can equate to gaining 10 pounds in a year. Eat 200 more a day and you could gain 20 pounds in a year!
When I want to save 100 calories I make small, simple changes – I say no to the basket of bread or ask for my salad dressing on the side.
Here are just a few items that you could skip to lose!
- 1 oz potato chips: 155 calories
- Small (16 oz) sweet tea: 140 calories
- One can (12 oz) soda: 150 calories
- Two tablespoons ranch dressing: 146 calories
- 1 oz blue cheese: 100 calories
- 2 oz French bread: 150 calories
- 1 cup frozen yogurt (no toppings): 221 calories
Reducing your intake by 100 calories a day is simple. Just follow these 8 tips to save 100 calories and be on track to lose 10 pounds.
1) Ask for non-fat milk instead of whole milk in your morning latte
2) Choose smaller plates and glasses as this can help you control portion size
3) Drink water or un-sweet ice tea in place of soda or sweet tea
4) Eat slowly to make your meal last and reduce the urge for second helpings
5) Request your salad dressing on the side rather that on the salad
6) When cooking, use non-stick cooking spray rather than butter
7) Order food grilled or steamed rather than fried or sautéed
8) Keep late night snacking to a minimum or better yet, don’t snack after dinner
Making small lifestyle changes to reduce calories can have a big impact on the scale. Do you have any fun or unique tips that help you maintain your weight or help you lose weight? If so, please share them with me.