I love, love, love a simple, yet wonderful walnut and pear salad.
- 4cups baby spinach
- 1/2 fennel bulbthinly sliced
- 1 pearcored, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1/4cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4cup sliced button mushrooms
- 2tablespoons raisins
- 1/4cup Walnut Vinaigrette(see below for dressing recipe)
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, fennel, pear, walnuts, onion, mushrooms, and raisins. Add the vinaigrette and toss just before serving.
- 1/4cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4cup walnut pieces
- 2tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 clove garlicchopped
- 1/4teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon Ground black pepper
- In a blender or mini food processor, combine the oil, walnuts, vinegar, mustard, orange peel, garlic, salt, and pepper. Blend or process just until coarse.